Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Service Beyond Death
|Service Beyond Death|
|Given by:||The Keeper of Tomes|
|Location:||Bastion of the Order|
|Faction:||Order of Death's Vigil|
|Prerequisites:||The Sacred Ashes|
|Unlocks:||The Search for Uroboruuk|
Now that the Order has everything necessary to undertake the resurrection of Malkadarr, the ritual can begin.
Objectives[edit | edit source]
- Assist in the resurrection of Malkadarr
- Speak to the Keeper of Tomes
Guide[edit | edit source]
Initiating the quest unlocks the Chamber of Souls, the sealed section of the Bastion of the Order. On entering the area and speaking to the npc within, several waves of undead will appear which the player will need to defeat. This includes the shade of Noveria Stormfire, previously slain in the A Catalyst quest.
After the last wave the ritual will come to an end and Malkadarr will appear outside the Chamber. Speak to the Keeper of Tomes for the reward.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
|Item||Random Epic Weapon|
The Keeper will then offer the next quest, The Search for Uroboruuk, once the player has reached Honored faction staus with the Order.
Quest Log[edit | edit source]
|You have gathered all the necessary materials for Malkadarr's resurrection. Often times, malignant spirits will gather around such a ritual, making it dangerous for the participants, so the Keeper of Tomes wishes for you to watch over the ritual at Sorrow's Bastion while the necromancers perform the Rite of Resurrection.
|The ritual was a success and Malkadarr walks Cairn once again. Speak to the Keeper of Tomes at Sorrow's Bastion of your success.
Dialogue[edit | edit source]
(Before accepting the quest)
The Keeper of Tomes
We now have everything we need to perform the Rite of Resurrection. Your loyalty and assistance have earned you the right to see Malkadarr return to this world.
- The ritual will be dangerous, of that I can assure you. Malignant spirits will be drawn to it like moths to the flame. I need you to dispatch anything that tries to interfere.
- Join us at the Chamber of Souls, its doors have been unlocked to you. Keep the chamber clear of spirits so that Malkadarr can find his way back to us.
- I will assist you in the ritual.
- I will have no part in this.
- What happens if I fail?
- Then we risk allowing another to enter Malkadarr's vessel.
- Should that happen, we will be forced to destroy it, and Malkadarr will be forever lost to us.
(Talking to the Keeper of Tomes before finishing the ritual)
The Keeper of Tomes
Please head over to the Chamber of Souls.
- The Chamber of Souls is right here in our sanctum. Join the ritual and secure Malkadarr's soul from beyond!
- I will go there now.
(Talking to Soulkeeper Kaandris before starting the ritual)
Everything is in place.
The ritual will require my complete attention, so it falls on you to keep the dead contained while I search for Malkadarr. I will be shielded from their presence, but should any of the spirits remain when the ritual is finished, the results could be disastrous.
- The ritual will draw spirits to itself like a beacon in the darkness. Make sure that whatever comes through the veil is not around for long.
- You must keep the room clear so that it is Malkadarr we bring back, and not some wayward soul.
- I am ready. (Begin Ritual)
- I'm not ready to begin yet.
- He shall resume his duties under the Keeper of Tomes, his knowledge preserved for future generations.
- That is for the Keeper to decide. I am hers to command.
- Are you her slave?
- A strong way to put it, but in a sense.
- I shall speak to her then.
(Talking to the Keeper of Tomes after finishing the ritual)
The Keeper of Tomes
Malkadarr once again walks among us.
- Indeed, the Rite of Resurrection was a success and our brave Malkadarr is once again able to serve me and the Order.
- Malkadarr has to serve you?
- Do you require anything else? (Leads to the quest The Search for Uroboruuk)
- May he serve you well.