NPCs, or Non-Player Characters, encompass the various, usually non-hostile characters one can encounter within Cairn, the world of Grim Dawn. Their function is to provide various services to the player or give quests, impart background information and lore, or merely serve to populate the world.
Service NPCs[edit | edit source]
- Merchants are NPCs to who offer a wide selection of equipment for sale to the player, and will buy unwanted items. Merchant wares change periodically, so you never know what they will have to offer.
- Some merchants can be found in hard to reach places and can offer specialty items not found at any other vendor.
- Smugglers provide a means for the player to store items, either for later use, or to transfer to another character. Smugglers provide each character with a personal stash, as well as a shared stash, which can be accessed by any character. All Smugglers are interconnected, so an item deposited with one Smuggler can be accessed with others.
- The Shared Stash can be upgraded with additional tabs of storage, at the cost of Iron Bits. These upgrades are unlocked across all of your characters.
- Note that characters rolled in hardcore mode cannot access the shared stash of characters rolled in normal mode, and vice-versa.
- Spirit Guides allow the player to reallocate Skill and Devotion points. There is a small fee, which becomes progressively more expensive the more points are refunded.
- Note that you cannot unlearn a skill point invested in an active skill without first unlearning all points from passive skills which affect it. You also cannot remove points from the Mastery bar.
- Inventors will take items with attached components and salvage either the item or the component. They are also capable of dismantling equipment and turning it into valuable scrap and components. The more powerful the item, the more powerful the components it can generate. This process requires dynamite.
- The Blacksmith offers Crafting services. All equipment created by a Blacksmith is imbued with an additional property specific to the Blacksmith crafting it, making crafting an appealing way to acquire gear.
Other Characters[edit | edit source]
Act 1 NPCs[edit | edit source]
Act 2 NPCs[edit | edit source]
Act 3 NPCs[edit | edit source]
|Blade Arc (Clean Sweep - Laceration) • Blitz (Blindside) • Cadence (Discord - Fighting Form - Deadly Momentum) • Forcewave (Tremor - Rending Force - Internal Trauma) • Overguard • War Cry (Terrify - Break Morale)|
|Decorated Soldier • Fighting Spirit • Markovian's Advantage • Menhir's Will • Military Conditioning • Scars of Battle • Shield Training • Veterancy • Zolhan's Technique|
|Counter Strike • Field Command (Squad Tactics) • Menhir's Bulwark • Oleron's Rage|
|Blackwater Cocktail (High Potency - Demon Fire - Agonizing Flames) • Canister Bomb (Concussive Bomb - Improved Casing) • Fire Strike (Explosive Strike - Searing Might - Searing Strike - Static Strike - Brimstone) • Flashbang (Searing Light) • Grenado (High Impact - Skyfire Gernado) - Shattering Blast • Mortar Trap (Heavy Ordinance - "The Big One") • Stun Jacks (Quick Jacks - Full Spread) • Thermite Mine (Hellfire Mine)|
|Blast Shield • Ulzuin's Chosen|
|Flamed Touched (Temper) • Vindicative Flame (Ulzuin's Wrath)|
|Blood of Dreeg (Aspect of the Guardian) • Blood Pox (Fevered Rage - Wasting - Black Death) • Curse of Frailty (Vulnerability) • Doom Bolt • Dreeg's Evil Eye (Blood Burst - Focused Gaze - Terrifying Gaze - Vile Eruption) • Sigil of Consumption (Destruction)|
|Bonds of Bysmiel (Manipulation) • Possession • Solael's Witchfire (Consecrated Blade - Second Rite)|
|Summon Familiar (Mend Flesh - Storm Spirit - Lightning Strike) • Summon Hellhound (Ember Claw - Hellfire - Infernal Breath)|
|Amarasta's Blade Burst (Lethal Assault) • Blade Barrier • Blade Trap (Devouring Blades) • Phantasmal Blades (Frenetic Throw - Heart Seeker - Nether Edge) • Pneumatic Burst (Breath of Belgothian - Shadow Dance - Elemental Awakening) • Ring of Steel (Ring of Frost - Circle of Slaughter) • Shadow Strike (Nidalla's Justifiable Ends - Nightfall)|
|Anatomy of Murder • Dual Blades (Belgothian's Shears - Hidden Hands - Amarasta's Quick Cut - Whirling Death - Execution) • Merciless Repertoire • Phantasmal Armor|
|Veil of Shadow (Night's Chill)|
|Albrecht's Aether Ray (Tainted Power - Disintegration) • Callidor's Tempest (Wrath of Agrivix - Inferno) • Devastation • Maiven's Sphere of Protection (Conversion) • Mirror of Ereoctes • Nullification • Olexra's Flash Freeze (Absolute Zero) • Panetti's Replicating Missile (Distortion - Supercharged - Proliferation) • Trozan's Sky Shard (Frozen Core - Shattered Star)|
|Arcane Will • Fabric of Reality • Inner Focus • Mental Alacrity|
|Iskandra's Elemental Exchange (Manifestation - Overload - Elemental Balance) • Reckless Power • Star Pact|
|Brute Force (Feral Hunger - Upheaval) • Devouring Swarm • Grasping Vines (Entangling Vines) • Primal Strike (Thunderous Strike - Torrent - Storm Surge) • Savagery (Might of the Bear - Tenacity of the Boar - Storm Touched)|
|Mogdrogen's Pact (Heart of the Wild - Oak Skin) • Primal Bond • Stormcaller's Pact|
|Conjure Primal Spirit • Storm Totem (Corrupted Storm) • Summon Briarthorn (Ground Slam - Emboldening Roar) • Wendigo Totem (Blood Pact) • Wind Devil (Raging Tempest - Maelstrom)|
|Flames of Ignaffar - (Tainted Flame - Intensify - Infernal Purge - Endless Flame) • Horn of Gandarr • Inquisitor Seal - (Null Field - Arcane Empowerment) • Rune of Hagarrad - (Biting Cold - Chillsurge) • Rune of Kalastor - (Ignition) • Storm Box of Elgoloth (Allagast's Arcane Net - Lightning Tether) • Word of Pain (Word of Agony - Death Sentence) • Word of Renewal - (Word of Arms - Vigor - Steel Resolve)|
|Artifact Handling • Bursting Round • Chilling Rounds • Deadly Aim • Ranged Expertise • Storm Spread|
|Aura of Censure • Aura of Conviction|
|Bone Harvest (Harvester of Death - Terror - Soul Harvest) • Call of the Grave • Drain Essence (Gravechill - Hungering Reach - Decomposition) • Ill Omen • Mark of Torment • Ravenous Earth (Decay - Foul Eruption)• Siphon Souls - (Sear Souls - Blood Boil)|
|Necrotic Edge • Reaping Strike|
|Harbinger of Souls • Master of Death • Spectral Binding (Spectral Wraith)|
|Raise Skeletons (Undead Legion - Will of the Crypt) • Reap Spirit • Summon Blight Fiend (Unstable Anomaly - Rotting Fumes - Blight Burst)|
| Weapons • Axes • Maces • Swords • Two-handed Melee • Pistols • Two-handed Ranged • Daggers • Scepters • Shields • Off-Hands|
Armor • Head Armor • Shoulder Armor • Chest Armor • Hand Armor • Leg Armor • Foot Armor
Accessories • Amulets • Rings • Medals • Belts
Unique Items • Sets • Monster Infrequents
Relics • Components • Augments • Blueprints • Recipes • Materials • Consumables
| Aetherial • Aether Corruption • Arachnid • Beast • Beastkin • Chthonic • Eldritch|
Human • Insectoid • Riftspawn • Undead • Heroes • Bosses • Pets
|Factions • Bounties|
| The Black Legion • Devil's Crossing • Homestead • Rovers • The Outcast|
Kymon's Chosen • Order of Death's Vigil • Aetherials • Chthonians • Cronley's Gang • Undead