Start of the game[edit | edit source]
Still drawing breath, I see. You're one lucky bastard, I'll give you that. Best go speak to Captain Bourbon right away. He seems to have a plan for you now that we've spared your life.
- What happened... how did I get here?Dialogue advances to section 2.
You were possessed, so we strung you up. Seems the spirit fled your body before your life ran out.
I'd have left you to hang but the Captain had other plans. He sees some purpose in you and I'm not going to argue.
- Where can I find this Captain then?Dialogue advances to section 3.
He's up the road, in the courtyard. Don't make me regret cutting you down.
- I'll be on my way then.Player receives the Waking to Misery quest. Dialogue ends.
- It can wait.Dialogue ends.
Waking to Misery, haven't talked to John Bourbon yet[edit | edit source]
What are you standing around here for? If you're not gonna make yourself useful, we may as well get another noose ready.
No sense in keeping another mouth to feed.
- Who am I supposed to talk to again?Dialogue advances to section 2.
You slow or something? Captain Bourbon is up the road, by the stone bridge. Now move!
- I'm on my way.Dialogue ends.
Waking to Misery, after talking to John Bourbon[edit | edit source]
The Captain says you're alright, but I've seen what the 'Taken' are capable of. I've got my eye on you.
- Very well then.Dialogue ends.
After Waking to Misery[edit | edit source]
You may have the whole damn place fooled, but I won't fall to your slith tongue, 'Taken'.
- What is your problem with me?Dialogue advances to section 2.
- I think I'll be going.Dialogue ends.