|This dialogue page has been marked as missing some dialogue branches. Details on needed improvements are listed below.
- 1 Waking to Misery, haven't talked to John Bourbon yet
- 2 And Not a Drop to Drink, giving the quest
- 3 And Not a Drop to Drink, not enough scrap in inventory
- 4 And Not a Drop to Drink, turning in
- 5 And Not a Drop to Drink, giving part 2
- 6 And Not a Drop to Drink, turning in part 2
- 7 After And Not a Drop to Drink
Waking to Misery, haven't talked to John Bourbon yet[edit | edit source]
So yer the one we almost hung! I didn' really see the sense in it, but then again, no one really cares what Ol' Barnabas thinks.
- Take care.Dialogue ends.
And Not a Drop to Drink, giving the quest[edit | edit source]
The Captain send you over? You musta done quite a service with the Dead if he's got hands to spare for Ol' Barnabas. Let's get to business, yes?
Our wind pump's broken down again and we're running low on water. We're all out of parts, so I can't fix 'er up.
Can always melt down what weapons we have, but I'm not too fond of being devoured in my sleep. I'll need scrap from Lower Crossing.
Have you seen the bodies floating out there?
Surface water around here is rank with disease and decay. Our only hope is this well.
Now are you going to get us some scrap or do I have to settle for sass?
- Where can I find it?Dialogue advances to section 3.
Where you get it isn' that important to me, just that you get it soon. We are running out of drinking water, nothing to be said about ever taking a bath again.
And Not a Drop to Drink, not enough scrap in inventory[edit | edit source]
You'll find enough in no time!
- I'll be back.Dialogue ends.
And Not a Drop to Drink, turning in[edit | edit source]
Perfect! I will get the wind pump up and running in no time. Devil's Crossing will have safe drinking water again, and it's all thanks to you.
The first glass is on me.
And Not a Drop to Drink, giving part 2[edit | edit source]
Well, the good news is I got the water pumping again. The only problem is it smells like a sewer, only about a ten-fold worse.
Why, I haven' smelled something this rotten since...
- Since when?Dialogue advances to section 2.
Since I've cleared out a den of Slith, ages ago. They're loathsome reptiles - make their homes in swamps and dank caves.
They secrete a nasty poison into the water that makes it drinkable for them, but nearly always fatal to us. I'd bet good iron there is a nest in the cave that fuels our pump.
I'm too old for all this spelunking so I need you to go down there and kill it.
- How do I get to the cave?Dialogue advances to section 3.
This key will open the cellar in the shack behind me, right by that accursed riftgate. It connects to the bowels of the prison, which should lead you to the cave. Find the Slith Matriarch that's likely polluting our water supply and the poison should clear out on its own.
You do this, and all of Devil's Crossing will be honoring your name with every glass.
- I'll take care of the Slith.The player receives further objectives for the quest And Not a Drop to Drink. Dialogue ends.
- I don't have time for this.Dialogue ends.
And Not a Drop to Drink, turning in part 2[edit | edit source]
Any luck clearing out those Slith? People are starting to beg me for water.
I don'know how many more times I can say 'it'll melt yer guts' before they just rush me and take it.
- I've taken care of it.Dialogue advances to section 2.
Well done! One I pump out the remaining poisoned water, the spring should be clean enough for drinking.
I'll make sure to let people here know how much help you've been. They'll be grateful that they can get a drink without dissolving their intestines.
- Thank you. Glad to be of help.The player receives the reward for the quest And Not a Drop to Drink. The pump near Barnabas changes its model. Dialogue ends.
After And Not a Drop to Drink[edit | edit source]
Thanks for all your help! At least we can get a decent drink... even if that drink ain't a finger of whiskey.
- My pleasure.Dialogue ends.