One-shot chests are containers that spawn once per character per difficulty, and contain a guaranteed Epic item, with a chance for a Legendary item on Elite and Ultimate. The chests can be found in various locations throughout the world of Grim Dawn, and once opened will not spawn again in the difficulty where it was already opened.
All One-Shot Chests (with the exception of boss chests, such as the Warden's Stash) are labelled "Exalted Stash". Note that the loot they contain scales to the level of the area, and not the level of the player.
Act 1 Locations[edit | edit source]
- Depraved Sanctuary - in a room beyond Salazar, Blade of Ch'thon.
- Festering Lair - a Monsters Hoard, guarded by Grundleplith the Hoarder.
- Hallowed Hill - 3 spawn locations around the area.
- Ominous Lair - 3 spawn locations: 2 in the Lair itself, and 1 in the Abandoned Storerooms section of the Underground Transit, beyond a breakable wall.
- Hidden Laboratory - the Warden's Chest, guarded by The Warden.
- Sunken Reliquary - requires Act 2 access and levels, guarded by High Priest Rolderathis.
Act 2 Locations[edit | edit source]
- Spined Cove - guarded by Baron Wradlith, Lord of the Lost Souls
- Swarming Hive - guarded by Ulraprax, the Hive Matriarch
- Cronley's Hideout - guarded by Darius Cronley
- The Steps of Torment - level three: Misery. 3 spawn locations: 2 in the central section and 1 in the room south of the Shrine.
Act 3 Locations[edit | edit source]
- Tyrant's Hold - guarded by Bloodfeast the Ruthless
- The Conflagration - guarded by Herald of the Flame
- Port Valbury Outskirts - 3 spawn locations: top left of map inside a house, inside another house on the eastern edge of the map, and in a field on the central west side.
- Rotting Croplands - Located as part of the Hidden Wealth side-quest
- Royal Hive - can spawn randomly in the sub-areas Skittering Den, Swarming Hatchery or Hive Queen's Lair
- Darkvale Gate - Karroz's Chest, in the 2nd level Boss Room and guarded by Karroz, Sigil of Ch'thon