Creatures are the varieties of enemies to be encountered in the world of Grim Dawn. They may appear as typical monsters, or they can be human. Creatures of different classes or Factions may also be antagonistic toward one another. Killing enemy creatures is one of the primary sources of gaining Experience and loot.
Mechanics[edit | edit source]
Creatures have their own stats, such as Health, Energy, Physique, Spirit, Cunning, Offensive and Defensive Ability, and sometimes regeneration and life leech, just as player characters do. They also have Armor and Resistances, and can reflect or block damage.
Rarities[edit | edit source]
Monster names appear in different colors, with each color indicating a certain grade or rarity of monster.
- White: Common monsters.
- Yellow: Uncommon, or champions. These are somewhat stronger than regular monsters and will use additional skills.
- Orange: Hero Monsters. They will spawn randomly among regular monster packs and have an individual name and a star above their head to denote their status. They are much stronger than common or uncommon monsters and will often use special skills. They may also belong to a particular hero Archetype.
- Lavender: Unique Boss Monsters. They usually reside in a fixed location. They may be part of a quest line or just be the resident challenge monster of an area. They are very powerful and possess several special or unique skills.
- Red: includes Nemesis monsters (which can spawn randomly after reaching Nemesis level enemy Faction reputation) and some secret Boss Monsters. They are the ultimate challenge the game has to offer, and the players must be certain of their capacities before challenging one of them.
Creature Types[edit | edit source]
Creatures can be classified into races, with various types and sub-types.
The races are as follows:
- Aether Corruption
Hero Creatures[edit | edit source]
- For a complete list see here.
Hero Archetypes[edit | edit source]
- Bruiser ~ takes reduced damage, deals increased damage and has a chance to stun on attacks.
- Burning ~ deals bonus Fire damage and periodically activates a ring of fire around itself.
- Charger ~ periodically charges far away targets.
- Corrupted ~ periodically creates an explosion of Aether around itself and creates an aura which empowers itself and nearby allies with the Aether.
- Defender ~ creates an aura which reduces damage taken by itself and nearby allies and has a chance to stun on attack.
- Diseased ~ has an aura of poisonous fumes around itself at all times and periodically creates a field of noxious poison.
- Electrified ~ deals bonus Lightning damage and periodically casts a nova of lightning orbs.
- Frozen ~ periodically launches a freezing orb and creates an aura which bestows chilling bonuses upon itself and nearby allies.
- Reflective ~ periodically creates a shield around itself which reflects a portion of all damage taken.
- Regenerator ~ creates an aura which increases health regeneration for itself and nearby allies.
- Shielded ~ periodically shields itself against magical damage and attacks with an elemental bolt.
- Supporter ~ creates an aura which increases the damage dealt by itself and nearby allies and occasionally cast a chain heal on allies.
- Swift ~ creates an aura which increases attack and movement speed for itself and nearby allies.
- Unstoppable ~ deals bonus Chaos damage and creates an aura which makes itself and nearby allies immune to all crowd control effects.
- Voidtouched ~ surrounds itself with a chaotic blaze and periodically casts chaos chain lightning. Some variants can also chaos teleport onto far away targets.
Unique Bosses[edit | edit source]
Act 1[edit | edit source]
|The Flooded Passage|
Act 2[edit | edit source]
|The Steps of Torment|
Act 3[edit | edit source]
|The Blood Grove|
Act 4[edit | edit source]
|Gates of Necropolis|
|Bastion of Chaos|
The Hidden Path[edit | edit source]
|The Hidden Path|
Nemesis Bosses[edit | edit source]
|Aetherials||Valdaran, the Storm Scourge|
|Chthonians||Benn'Jhar, the Colossal|
|Cronley's Gang||Fabius "the Unseen" Gonzar|
|Undead||Moosilauke, the Chillwind|
|Order of Death's Vigil||Zantarin, the Eternal|
|Kymon's Chosen||The Iron Maiden|
Secret Bosses[edit | edit source]
|Blade Arc (Clean Sweep - Laceration) • Blitz (Blindside) • Cadence (Discord - Fighting Form - Deadly Momentum) • Forcewave (Tremor - Rending Force - Internal Trauma) • Overguard • War Cry (Terrify - Break Morale)|
|Decorated Soldier • Fighting Spirit • Markovian's Advantage • Menhir's Will • Military Conditioning • Scars of Battle • Shield Training • Veterancy • Zolhan's Technique|
|Counter Strike • Field Command (Squad Tactics) • Menhir's Bulwark • Oleron's Rage|
|Blackwater Cocktail (High Potency - Demon Fire - Agonizing Flames) • Canister Bomb (Concussive Bomb - Improved Casing) • Fire Strike (Explosive Strike - Searing Might - Searing Strike - Static Strike - Brimstone) • Flashbang (Searing Light) • Grenado (High Impact - Skyfire Gernado) - Shattering Blast • Mortar Trap (Heavy Ordinance - "The Big One") • Stun Jacks (Quick Jacks - Full Spread) • Thermite Mine (Hellfire Mine)|
|Blast Shield • Ulzuin's Chosen|
|Flamed Touched (Temper) • Vindicative Flame (Ulzuin's Wrath)|
|Blood of Dreeg (Aspect of the Guardian) • Blood Pox (Fevered Rage - Wasting - Black Death) • Curse of Frailty (Vulnerability) • Doom Bolt • Dreeg's Evil Eye (Blood Burst - Focused Gaze - Terrifying Gaze - Vile Eruption) • Sigil of Consumption (Destruction)|
|Bonds of Bysmiel (Manipulation) • Possession • Solael's Witchfire (Consecrated Blade - Second Rite)|
|Summon Familiar (Mend Flesh - Storm Spirit - Lightning Strike) • Summon Hellhound (Ember Claw - Hellfire - Infernal Breath)|
|Amarasta's Blade Burst (Lethal Assault) • Blade Barrier • Blade Trap (Devouring Blades) • Phantasmal Blades (Frenetic Throw - Heart Seeker - Nether Edge) • Pneumatic Burst (Breath of Belgothian - Shadow Dance - Elemental Awakening) • Ring of Steel (Ring of Frost - Circle of Slaughter) • Shadow Strike (Nidalla's Justifiable Ends - Nightfall)|
|Anatomy of Murder • Dual Blades (Belgothian's Shears - Hidden Hands - Amarasta's Quick Cut - Whirling Death - Execution) • Merciless Repertoire • Phantasmal Armor|
|Veil of Shadow (Night's Chill)|
|Albrecht's Aether Ray (Tainted Power - Disintegration) • Callidor's Tempest (Wrath of Agrivix - Inferno) • Devastation • Maiven's Sphere of Protection (Conversion) • Mirror of Ereoctes • Nullification • Olexra's Flash Freeze (Absolute Zero) • Panetti's Replicating Missile (Distortion - Supercharged - Proliferation) • Trozan's Sky Shard (Frozen Core - Shattered Star)|
|Arcane Will • Fabric of Reality • Inner Focus • Mental Alacrity|
|Iskandra's Elemental Exchange (Manifestation - Overload - Elemental Balance) • Reckless Poweer Star Pact|
|Brute Force (Feral Hunger - Upheaval) • Devouring Swarm • Grasping Vines (Entangling Vines) • Primal Strike (Thunderous Strike - Torrent - Storm Surge) • Savagery (Might of the Bear - Tenacity of the Boar - Storm Touched)|
|Mogdrogen's Pact (Heart of the Wild - Oak Skin) • Primal Bond • Stormcaller's Pact|
|Conjure Primal Spirit • Storm Totem (Corrupted Storm) • Summon Briarthorn (Ground Slam - Emboldening Roar) • Wendigo Totem (Blood Pact) • Wind Devil (Raging Tempest - Maelstrom)|
| Weapons • Armor • Shields • Off-Hands • Accessories • Unique Items • Sets • Monster Infrequents|
Relics • Components • Augments • Blueprints • Recipes • Materials • Consumables
| Aetherial • Aether Corruption • Arachnid • Beast • Beastkin • Chthonic • Eldritch|
Human • Insectoid • Riftspawn • Undead • Heroes • Bosses • Pets
|Factions • Bounties|
| The Black Legion • Devil's Crossing • Homestead • Rovers • The Outcast|
Kymon's Chosen • Order of Death's Vigil • Aetherials • Chthonians • Cronley's Gang • Undead